The primary function of thisposition is tactical and strategic leadership for the Electric Powerdepartment. The department is responsible for developing opportunities intoestimates and proposals and project execution of manufactured Electric Powerskids. This includes sizing, bid clarifications, design activities, customersupport, 3rd party supplier/vendor engagement, schedule and costmanagement as well as project level coordination across multiple departments. Thisposition will be customer facing as the manager will accompany account managersto develop opportunities, grow customer confidence in our product and educatethem on our capabilities. Additionally, this position is responsible fordeveloping teams and talent at multiple levels to support future growth of thecompany. Future growth of this position will likely include oversight ofturnkey power projects (~2 yrs. out).
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead designersand engineers in oversight of products and project engineering competency
- Support Salesteam on engaging clients, educating them on our product, developing scope andnavigating a path to win bids.
- Workstrategically with key suppliers
- Sponsor andsupport product development
- Ensure projectsare executed accurately, complete and timely as measured by ABW.
- Oversee, mentor,and train other engineers, technical specialists, and designers involvingskillset evaluation and related training
- Work closely withSales, Manufacturing, Procurement, ITK, AMS and Asset Ownership department toprovide superior products and experiences for the customer.
- Provide detailedtimely project status reports.
- Support andchampion new business and reporting systems development as required to improveoverall business performance.
- Keep abreast of industryadvancements in the to recognize product development/revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate with sales to assess the market,competition, Enerflex capabilities and opportunity risk versus reward.
- Assign resources to bid opportunities inaccordance with bid strategy and priorities from Sale
- Ensure scope development is appropriate for thebid strategy and project risk and complexity profile
- Network and develop relationships with customersto further the Enerflex brand reputation and promise
- Model andchampion Enerflex core values in ways that center team culture on these values.
- Abide by and promoteEnerflex' s HSE policy.
- Degreein Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical diploma.
- Aminimum of 10 years of experience in the electric power industry.
- Knowledgeof NFPA, NEMA, NEC, ATEC, ASCE, ASME and other codes.
- Familiarwith AutoCAD design software and Microsoft Office Application*
- Familiarwith power generation and distribution design fundamentals
- Provenoverall dependability, reliability, and responsibility
- Demonstratedself-motivation and ethical behavior
- Willingto continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek and guidancethrough open dialogue
- Communicationskills including interpreting and communicating information
- Excellentnetworking and customer relationship skills
- Timemanagement skills including multi-tasking competing priorities as needed
- Abilityto generate alternative solutions
- Abilityto develop new leaders
- May be exposed to confidential information
- Frequently required to work non-standard hoursincluding evenings and weekends.
- Travel may include higher risk locations, butrisk will be managed by company services
The above statements are intended to describe the general natureand level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are notintended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skillsrequired.
AnEqual Opportunity Employer
Enerflex grants equal employment opportunity to all qualifiedpersons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion,genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable federal, state or local law. Equal employmentopportunities are provided in recruitment, hiring, promotions, wages, benefits,and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.