Posting End Date:September 15, 2020
Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non: This is a non-union position
Are you a seasoned leader who enjoys influencing safety and coaching on best practices? If so, this opportunity is for you! In this role you will ensure compliance with Federal and State pipeline safety regulations including the Department of Transportation and other pipeline safety regulations relating to the design, construction, operation and maintenance, and integrity of gas transmission pipeline systems.
Here's what you will do:
- Review all U.S. Federal and State pipeline safety regulations and industry codes and provides expertise in their interpretation.
- Support Operations and other groups including Pipeline Integrity, Underground Storage and Gas Control Departments through preparation and participation in US regulatory inspections and audits.
- Manage and implement processes for establishing and documenting the maximum allowable operating pressure for U.S. gas pipelines.
- Prepare various regulatory filings and correspondence, including comments to proposed regulations, responses to inquiries and enforcement actions, and prepare DOT Annual Mileage Report.
- Responsible for DOT special permits that provide relief from certain pipeline safety regulatory requirements while improving safety and assuring special permit conditions are met, including preparing annual reports and various notifications to PHMSA.
- Provide support and response for pipeline safety incidents, including determining if an event must be reported, making the report and responding to information request from regulatory agencies.
- Support Enbridge's capacity expansion projects and other projects by working with System Planning to identify regulatory opportunities, participating in design reviews, regulatory agency inspections and public meetings.
- Provide support for events such as Abnormal Operations, Safety related condition reporting and ensure lessons learned are communicated to Operations.
- Coordinate review and updates to Enbridge's Standard Operating Procedures and Engineering procedures and Represent Enbridge U.S. on industry committees such as ASME and INGAA.
Who you are:
- You have:
- University Degree in Engineering.
- 7+ years of related business experience, including supervisory experience.
- Expertise in state Pipeline Safety Regulations where Enbridge operates pipelines.
- Excellent computer and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management skills.
- You are:
- Familiar with the DOT regulations, BSEE, and applicable industry standards.
- The following are considered assets:
- Ten (10) years of related business experience, including supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders to achieve results.
- Ability to defend a position on regulatory issues despite pushback from others, including people at a higher level in the organization.
- Proven conceptual, relationship building, organizational, risk analysis, negotiations and decision-making skills
- Office environment that requires confidentiality and handling of some very sensitive issues.
- Customer driven environment that results in frequent interruptions and many time-sensitive activities with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including consultation, risk communication and conflict resolution.
- Works collaboratively with other team members based on pre-approved project plans with defined objectives.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Grasping, kneeling, light - moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Mental Requirements (Both Field & Office) include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting .
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.