Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Join our dynamic team.
Do life changing work.
The Data Officer is responsible for leading the effort to evolve and implement an enterprise data strategy and for leading the cultural transformation to support it.
This role oversees a range of data-related functions to ensure the Society is managing its data assets effectively. The Data Officer will work with interdisciplinary teams including the Society's functional leaders, the Technology department, the Financial Planning and Enterprise Analytics team, data analysts, and data scientists to create, maintain, and optimize a Data Management Platform that provides defined, consistent, accurate, and timely data. The ultimate objective is to not only provide trusted data to support day-to-day operations, but to provide meaningful strategic business insights through analytics.
The Data Officer will support the implementation and use of effective enterprise data management tools and processes to create reliable and effective ingestion, mastering, and analytics platforms, as well as policies and procedures to support data governance, data stewardship, data privacy, and data management.
Strategic Technology Planning - 30%
- Develop and share the vision, mission, and charter for the Data Office with members of the Society.
- Spearhead efforts to govern enterprise data across the entire Society.
- Understand and share innovation opportunities in the use, sharing, and study of data, including data analytics tools and techniques (e.g., R).
- Develop and implement both strategic and tactical data management roadmaps in coordination with other technical staff and Society-stakeholders such as the Business Relationship Managers and the Enterprise Analytics team.
- Provide data and analytics requirements as input to all technology planning activities with input from the Financial Planning and Enterprise Analytics team and other business teams.
- Prepare and manage the Data Office budget.
- Coordinate and manage Society-wide efforts to develop, implement, and monitor data policies and standards including those for metadata management, data democratization, data visualization, data security, data privacy, data management and data collection.
Stakeholder Engagement 25%
- Cultivate relationships with Society leaders, staff, and other stakeholders (e.g., vendors) to leverage new and existing opportunities to use data and analytics to improve the lives of our constituents, then work with the Enterprise Analytics team to deliver on those.
- Champion data literacy, data consistency, and support for data initiatives within the organization
- Promote a continuous improvement mindset through education and communication to all business partners.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the data strategy and be viewed as an expert in data management, data governance and data quality.
- Continuously educate the Data Office team, the business and technology teams on data quality concepts and guiding principles.
- Develop close partnerships with the Financial Planning and Enterprise Analytics team, Engineering team, Enterprise Product Owners/Managers, Data Stewards, and business stakeholders regarding data quality, analytics, and key performance indicators.
Data Office Leadership & Management 40%
- Lead Data Office Team to functionally support the build, optimization, testing/QA and maintenance of the Data Management products/tools including data ingestion, data mastering, data catalog, and the analytics platform.
- Working with business and technology teams, define data and identify its uses within the Society
- Identify and document best practices for master data management and metadata management.
- Identify and propose existing enterprise data challenges, identify root cause and propose resolution.
- Continuously monitor and assess the quality of data and its readiness for business analytics using baselines, metrics, and dashboards.
- Provide direction, guidance, and mentorship to the Data Office team.
- Support Society's Agile Methodology principles as appropriate to support iterative delivery and frequent feedback for course corrections.
Market and Volunteer Engagement - 5%
- Support local market/office, including but not limited to attending market/office meetings.
- Actively participate in local market/office events as a participant and/or volunteer.